Does your dog like running through forests and climbing mountains? How about constantly exploring new trails and places?
Perfect, us too.
Hi, we're Kevin and Gretchen, AKA Vancouver Pet Parents. We are licensed, bonded, and insured by PROfur. We are also Pet First Aid Certified by Walks 'N' Wags. We've been around animals all our lives, and have a Bernedoodle of our own (IG: @dinosaur_the_doodle). We've trained him to walk loose-leash, come whenever he's called, "drop it, leave it, and wait," not to beg for food at the table, and a few party tricks like "bang!" and "high five".
We're not dog trainers, but we know how important consistency is when training a dog, so we continue to work with them on anything you are working on, while they are with us on adventures!
A tired and happy dog is returned to you - that's our guarantee. We're not your traditional doggy daycare and can promise they won't come home smelling like pee. Mud is a different story, but just leave us a towel by your front door, and we can do a thorough wipedown before they come back inside. We can also give your pups a bath after our adventure (additional charges apply), so you can have a clean and good smelling pup to cuddle with on the couch.
Pick-up and drop-off services included. You don't have to find time in your busy schedule to drop them off or pick them up. We can also take a set of keys, so you don't even have to worry about being around during pick-up and drop-off.
We take a maximum of four dogs between the two of us, to ensure that your pets get the attention they deserve. Your dog's safety is our top priority. We will also never let them off-leash without your consent, and until we are comfortable enough with their recall.
A suitable plan is customized for your pup, which factors in their age and exercise needs. They are then placed in the appropriate pack, providing that they pass the initial trial day.
Services offered in Vancouver (contact us directly to see if we service your neighbourhood):
- Solo neighbourhood dog walk (River District only):
- $45 for a private 30 minute leashed walk. If you are working on loose-leash training, ignoring distractions, or even just getting your dog more comfortable with walking on a leash, we will definitely continue any training you are doing with your dog on our walks.
- One hour group dog adventure ($45):
- Maximum of four dogs in a pack. Usually an off-leash adventure at dog park, trail, or beach near-by. We can throw a ball for them, they can chase the other dogs around, or they can take a leisurely stroll beside us, whichever they prefer.
- 2+ hour group dog adventure ($65):
- Maximum of four dogs in a pack. An off-leash adventure that is two hours or more, depending on what we do that day (we like to switch it up so your dogs don't get bored). In the summer, this is more likely to be a long hike on the North Shore, so the time we're out totally varies, but they'll be running around and exploring for at least two hours. Our longer adventure days are currently full, but contact us to be placed on a waitlist.
- Drop-in visits ($45 per visit)
- This is perfect for puppies, senior dogs, and cats. We can give your pups a quick bathroom break and short walk and also check in with your cat (we make sure they're fed and that their litter box is clean).
- Pupcakes ($5 per cupcake, $25 per 10 inch bone-shaped cake)
- We make dog cakes from scratch (these are made to order). Our pupcakes are made out of natural ingredients that are completely safe for your dog to consume.
How it works:
- Reach out and set up an initial consultation with us: we can chat in more detail, meet both you and your dog, and assess your dog and their/your needs.
- Depending on what service you've picked, we always do a trial day to ensure your dog gets along with the pack of the day and that they'd be a good fit for our VIP (very important pets) crew. Because we do take up to four dogs at any one time, we cannot accept any aggressive or reactive dogs on our group adventures.
- Once you're part of the pack, you can either be on a set regular walk and/or daycare schedule, or choose to use our services sporadically - we're pretty flexible. Priority obviously goes to our clients that are on a set schedule.
- We pick your dog up, go out on our adventure of the day, take a lot of pictures and videos to keep you updated (IG: @vancouverpetparents), and return a tired and happy dog to you (we've even been known to tire out Aussie Shepherds). Your dog might even be "hungover" the next day.